Graduate Certificate in Tactical Performance and Resiliency
The public and private sectors are experiencing a rapidly growing demand for professionals who exhibit high standards of knowledge, skills, integrity, and leadership in improving the performance and resiliency tactical athletes. Tactical athletes include military personnel, first responders, and veterans.
Our Online Graduate Certificate in Tactical Performance & Resiliency empowers you to gain highly practical knowledge and skills for effectively training tactical athletes at the individual-level. Studying at your own pace through our online courses, you will expand your skills and knowledge well beyond that offered by professional certifications alone. You will graduate from this program prepared to assist units or groups of tactical athletes in designing and executing their strength and conditioning endeavors.
- Learning from the best: As The # 1 Top Public College in the South, and a Senior Military College, you will learn from world-leading subject matter experts at The Citadel.
- Knowing the How: You will complete the certificate program with understanding of effective methods for developing and delivering individualized fitness programs to improve the performance and resiliency of tactical athletes.
- Knowing the Why: You will complete the certificate with basic theoretical understanding of the physical and psychological principles of performance and resiliency for tactical athletes.
- Being an asset to your current employer. If you currently have a career as a military service member or first responder, completing our graduate certificate program will allow you to be the subject matter expert within your tactical unit and be a valued asset to your employer.
- Employment in a Tactical Strength & Conditioning setting: This one-of-a-kind certificate program will allow you to have a competitive advantage in gaining entry-level employment as a certified professional working with tactical athletes in the commercial fitness setting and/or a tactical strength and conditioning setting.
- Preparation for a M.S. Degree: Having successfully completed this certificate program positions you for advanced study through our residential Master of Science Degree, with most of your credits counting towards completion of that degree.
What sticks out the most is the unique application of these courses to the first responder, law enforcement and military community. When you can custom tailor a program that will benefit personnel that might have to carry mission essential gear, body armor and a rifle to anywhere in between in varying terrain and weather, you can address the challenges and weaknesses they face to build a more resilient workforce.
Graduate certificate candidate
Certificate Completion Requirements (Course Requirements)
The Graduate Certificate in Tactical Performance and Resiliency will consist of fifteen (15) semester credit hours. Twelve (12) semester credit hours will consist of online coursework, while the remaining three (3) hours will be completed in the form of a 150-hour practicum.
Certificate Course Completion Requirements (credit bearing)
PSYC 516 Psychological Resiliency for Tactical Athletes
TAPR 600 Strength and Conditioning I
TAPR 601 Introduction to Human Performance & Coaching
TAPR 640 Tactical Strength and Conditioning
TAPR 695 Practicum in Tactical Performance & Resiliency
Certificate Completion Requirements (non-credit bearing)
- Darkness to Light Training
- The Citadel Principled Leadership Seminar - LDRS 500
- Certified Personal Trainer (CPT) or Tactical Strength and Conditioning Facilitator (TSAC-F) certification through the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA)
- Proof of current Certification in First Aid and CPR
- Proof of current Certification in Mental Health First Aid
For nine consecutive years (2012-2020) The Citadel has been named the #1 Public College in the South offering up to a master's degree (U.S. News & World Report). The Citadel was also named the #1 College for Veterans in the South.
Requirements and application procedures for admission into the online graduate certificate:
- Completion of the online graduate application along with the non-refundable application fee.
- Submission of an official transcript of the baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college and university.
- Competency, demonstrated through coursework, approved work experience, or a program administered competency exam, in the areas of functional anatomy, exercise physiology, and general psychology are required for unconditional admission.
- A one-page letter describing why you are interested in the Graduate Certificate in Tactical Performance and Resiliency.
- Submission of a resume detailing previous education and work experiences.
All materials must be received by The Citadel Graduate College and evaluated by the department to receive consideration for the program. Coursework is not to begin until admission has been granted into the program.
I couldn’t be happier with my experience so far within The Citadel community, the online studies, the professors, and my peers. I couldn’t give a higher recommendation for this program, it is everything a tactical athlete needs and more, especially with men and women of the Department of Defense under their charge.
Graduate certificate candidate