Commencement Week 2006: Media Advisory, S.C. Corps of Cadets Commencement, 9:30 a.m. Sat., May 6, 2006, McAlister Field House
Saturday, May 6 is a big day at The Citadel. Around 400 cadets and active duty military students will take part in the South Carolina Corps of Cadets commencement exercises and thousands of family and friends are expected to attend. Here is some information to make your coverage of this event easier.
- We ask that reporters and photographers check in at the commencement/media entrance of McAlister Field House by 9 a.m. Saturday.
- Parking is provided adjacent to the entrance. Please see map for directions to the media entrance and parking. Please note: The City of Charleston prohibits parking in Hampton Park and may ticket illegally parked vehicles. Citadel Public Safety may also ticket vehicles illegally parked on campus.
- Traffic on campus will be heavy and general parking is limited, so it's best to arrive early to beat the rush.
- Morning refreshments will be provided.
- There is a designated media area in McAlister Field House. You will be on the second floor approximately 120 feet from the stage. Please bring appropriate equipment for filming. NOTE: Cameras and media representatives are not allowed on the main floor during commencement. Filming or picture taking on the floor is permitted at the conclusion of commencement.
- We have several cadets ready to assist you while on campus Saturday. Please check with PAO for information.
- Media organizations that intend to bring live trucks to campus should make alternate parking arrangements in advance by calling Public Affairs.
Media representatives planning to attend commencement are asked to call the Public Affairs Office by noon, Friday, May 5 to ensure adequate parking, seating and sound equipment. Please call Charlene Gunnells at 953-2155 or Patricia Lee at 953-6779.
If you need to reach someone with Public Affairs Saturday morning please call us at 843-475-0596 or 843-557-7335.