Payment for Meals and Refreshments
Official Citadel policy concerning payment for food items and food for departmental meetings is included in college memorandum 17, dated 28 October 1999. This web page is a summary of that college memorandum.
(1) Food for Cadet/Student Functions
Food is permitted to be paid from appropriated funds (accounts beginning with a 1) if a majority of the event participants are cadets/students. Alcohol may never be charged to an appropriated account.
(2) Food for Non-Cadet/Student Functions
Any department/activity requesting food for an event that is charged to a non-appropriated account (accounts not beginning with a 1) must arrange to have the event paid through an account eligible for food charges. Most departments do not have a food-eligible account. Academic departments need to obtain approval from the Vice President for Academic Affairs prior to ordering food. Non-academic departments need to obtain advance approval from the Vice President for Finance and Business Affairs.
(3) Food Service Request Form
A Citadel Catering Event Contract must be completed by the originator of The Citadel function and forwarded to the Director of Dining Services.
- The number of cadets/students and Citadel faculty/staff must be provided on the Food Service Request Form.
- An appropriate funding account must be identified.
- The business purpose of the event must be noted on the form. Please include enough detail concerning the event that a television reporter would understand thae business purpose.