Engineering Career & Networking Expo
We’re eager to announce that The Citadel School of Engineering Career Expo will continue, despite COVID. This year’s Engineering Expo will be held virtually over a 2-week period – from October 12th to October 23rd, with different companies hosting live Zoom session for undergraduates on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday; and Wednesdays for any and all companies interested in graduate students - on both weeks!
Below, you will find the following sections:
- Our Programs and Students
- Virtual Format
- Suggested Schedule
Our Program and Students:
We invite you to meet over 700+ undergraduate and graduate students who are among the best in the nation! The Citadel School of Engineering has been ranked one of the Top-25 Engineering Programs in the nation (where the terminal degree is a masters) for the past 8-consecutive years!
Our success is built on the success of our students, and so employers can expect to meet the most prepared, educated, and trained students! We have graduate and undergraduate engineering programs in the disciplines of civil, computer (new), construction, electrical, and mechanical, as well as a graduate program in project/program management.
Employers will select days from each of the 2-weeks that they’re available to host online Zoom recruiting sessions (chose 1 or up to 8 - its up to you!). We will assign days, doing our best to honor each request. Students will receive a schedule outlining your Zoom info, the types of majors your seeking, and current employment opportunities. If you’re seeking graduate students, you’ll be able to participate on both Wednesdays.
On the day(s) you’re scheduled, the expo will begin at 5:00pm and end at 8:00pm; students will join on the :00 or :30 of each hour. We suggest using the following format to structure each 1/2-hour block.
- 15 min company/job info
- 10 min Q/A
- 5 min call to action/next stepsAdditional Resources
1. You must have a paid Zoom account/license:
- You may sign up for a Zoom account for less than $15 per month at https://zoom.us/
- Zoom is the official software that our students are using for all courses and is compatible with The Citadel’s networks.
- Please note that we are unable to provide assistance and/or technical support for Zoom
2. You need to pre-register for the Career Fair and pay via Handshake:
- The registration link is https://tinyurl.com/citadelsoecareerexpo20
- Handshake is the career management system The Citadel uses – all employers can register for a free Handshake Account at https://citadel.joinhandshake.com/.
- If you have issues with Handshake, please contact 843-953-1617
3. Setup a recurring meeting in Zoom with a password “123” and the waiting room turned off
- Instructions on how to do this are available via PDF at https://www.citadel.edu/root/engineering-expo
- Write down/capture the resulting Meeting ID #
- Please contact Zoom for trouble shooting or additional support 888-799-0125
4. Complete final registration via Eventbrite
- Finalize your registration at https://soecitadelexpo2020.eventbrite.com/
- Unfortunately our Handshake system does not collect the information we need, and so we’re using Eventbrite to gather the final details we need.
- We will follow up with your assigned days as the schedule is built out
5. Report any issues
- We kindly ask that if you encounter any issues, please contact me personally via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- This is a new format and endeavor for us, so we appreciate both your patience and understanding if there are bumps in our processes