Bulldog Business Bowl teams to compete for big prizes
The Citadel Bulldog Business Bowl will hold its third and final round of competition at 8:10 a.m. on April 19 in Bond Hall. Five teams were selected for the finals based on business ideas and presentations pitched to a judging committee in the fall 2017 semester. The finalists will present to a panel of judges a fully developed business plan that includes marketing, financial projections and pricing and production strategies. The winning team will receive $10,000 and the second-place team $5,000 to start their businesses.
The five teams competing in the fourth annual event include:
- GRASPIT: creates wireless robotic hands that mimic human motion
- HD Flight Technologies: develops hybrid drones
- Integrated Solutions Technology: develops a sensor system that detects environmental hazards
- Safe Flight Suppression Systems: produces fire suppression systems for airplanes
- Terch Products: repurposes baseball field rain tarps into merchandise
The Bulldog Business Bowl, hosted by the Tommy and Victoria Baker School of Business, is a competition aimed at budding Citadel entrepreneurs who have an idea for a new product or service and the desire to turn that idea into a business.