Colonel Triz V. Smith, M.D.
Colonel Smith is a native of Sumter, South Carolina, where he practices medicine with Prisma Health Sumter OB GYN. He has practiced in Sumter since 2007. He has served in numerous leadership roles with the hospital and state societies. He has served as president of the state OB GYN society, South Carolina representative to the South Atlantic OB GYN Society, Prisma Health department of OB GYN chair, and the DHEC Advisory Task Force.
- Appointed by the Governor in 2022; current term 2022 to 2028
- Executive Committee, Member
- Communications and Community Relations, Member
- Operations and Risk Management, Member
Citadel Activities and Affiliations
- The Citadel Brigadier Club, Annual donor
- The Citadel Alumni Association, Lifetime member
- The Citadel Foundation, Annual donor
- Sumter Citadel Club, Member
- Theta Commission, Kappa Alpha Order
Other Professional Affiliations
- South Carolina Medical Board
- American College of OB GYN
- South Carolina OB GYN Society
- South Atlantic OB GYN Society
- B.S., Biology, The Citadel, 1998
- M.D., University of South Carolina School of Medicine, 2003
- Residency, Medical University of South Carolina, 2007
- American Board of OB GYN, 2010
- Married to Kelly
- Three children: Mary Carter, Mae, Triz Jr.
- Member of Trinity United Methodist Church