- Must be a high school graduate or possess a GED.
- Must submit the completed application for admission along with the application fee at the completion of the junior year or very early in the senior year.
- Must provide a current and official copy of the high school transcript. Particular attention is given to grades earned in English, mathematics, science, history, and foreign languages.
- SAT / ACT test results may be submitted, but they are not required to be a candidate for admission. More information is here. TOEFL results are required for students whose native language is not English.
- Must successfully complete the required coursework.
- Must be medically approved by The Citadel Surgeon (after receiving academic acceptance). Forms are here.
- Must be at least 17 and less than 23 years of age on the date of matriculation (usually mid-to-late August).
- Must not be married.