- Must be a high school graduate or possess a GED.
- Must submit the completed application for admission along with the application fee at the completion of the junior year or very early in the senior year.
- Must provide a current and official copy of the high school transcript. Particular attention is given to grades earned in English, mathematics, science, history, and foreign languages. Transcripts can be provided by schools utilizing various official digital credentialing services or sent via U.S. mail from the school directly to The Citadel Admissions Office / 171 Moultrie St. / Charleston, SC 29409.
- SAT / ACT test results may be submitted, but they are not required to be a candidate for admission. More information is here. TOEFL results are required for students whose native language is not English. Please note school codes for The Citadel:
- ACT - 3838
- SAT - 5108
- TOEFL - 5108
- Must successfully complete the required coursework.
- Must be medically approved by The Citadel Surgeon (after receiving academic acceptance). Forms are here.
- Must be at least 17 and less than 23 years of age on the date of matriculation (usually mid-to-late August).
- Must not be married.