Ch. 31 - Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment (VR&E)
You may qualify for these benefits if you:
- Received an other than dishonorable discharge.
- Have a service-connected disability rated at least 20 percent disabling by the Dept. of Veterans Affairs.
- Need vocational rehabilitation to overcome an employment handicap.
- For more information, please visit: Who is eligible?
- You should apply on-line with the VA.
- Once you have been approved for VR&E, the VA will have you meet with your VA Voc Rehab counselor. One of you must submit a VA form 22-1905 to the VA Certifying Official at The Citadel. You are not authorized to attend classes without a VA Form 22-1905.
- VA Certification Request once you have registered for all classes you plan to attend.
- Benefits cover tuition, mandatory fees, books, certain supplies and parking for a period of time determined by a VA counselor in the Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment Program. If the authorized enrollment period is extended, the VA Vocational Rehabilitation counselor will notify The Citadel.
- Tuition, parking and book payments are made directly to The Citadel. Only The Citadel's Veterans Services Office may issue book/supply vouchers.
- You may also receive a monthly stipend. Current payment rates can be found on the VA's website.