SC Army National Guard
Education Benefits are available to enlisted South Carolina National Guard service members.
|For up to date information on education benefits, students are higly encouraged to visit the SCANG Education Services Office (ESO) FB page.|
CAP-College Assistance Program CAP Application
- Eligibility begins the day of enlistment as determined by the SCANG
- Must submit an application to SCANG-Columbia
- Applications can ONLY be submitted between June 1st to Aug. 1st of every year. No exceptions.
- Benefit amount is $4500 an Academic Year (Fall, Spring, and summer if there are remaining funds)
- Cumulative totals can not exceed $18,000
- Awarded first-come/first serve basis
- ROTC scholarship recipients are NOT eligible for CAP, except for SMP contracts
- CAP is not available to Graduate Studies or continuing education
- CAP is subject to the availability of funds by the SC General Assembly
- The Financial Aid Office will be responsible for awarding CAP money based on eligibility and eligibility dates.
- For more information about the CAP program: http://www.che.sc.gov/New_Web/GoingToCollege/FinAsst.htm
Montgomery GI Bill
- Eligible after completing basic and AIT training
- Please apply after receiving a copy of your NOBE, Notice of Basic Eligibility
- Benefits are paid directly to the student, not the school
- Benefits are paid at the end of each month for the preceding month that you are enrolled in school
Federal Tuition Assistance
- Eligiblity requirements have changed. For complete eligiblity regulations, students should contact their unit or go to http://www.goarmyed.com
- FTA is up to $4500 per fiscal year (Oct. 1- Sept. 30), NOT academic year.
- Eligibility begins one year after MOS qualification.
- The Citadel’s Treasurer’s Office invoices the SCANG once they receive a copy of your TA Authorization
*If receiving Financial Aid, your aid may or may not be reduced
- FTA eligibility is determined by the Army, not the Dept. of Veterans’ Affairs or The Citadel
- https://www.goarmyed.com/login.aspx The student is responsible for submitting their application.