SC Army National Guard
Education Benefits are available to enlisted South Carolina National Guard service members.
CAP-College Assistance Program CAP Application
- Eligibility begins the day of enlistment as determined by the SCANG
- Must submit an application to SCANG-Columbia
- Applications can ONLY be submitted between June 1st to Aug. 1st of every year. No exceptions.
- Benefit amount is $4500 an Academic Year (Fall, Spring, and summer if there are remaining funds)
- Cumulative totals can not exceed $18,000
- Awarded first-come/first serve basis
- ROTC scholarship recipients are NOT eligible for CAP, except for SMP contracts
- CAP is not available to Graduate Studies or continuing education
- CAP is subject to the availability of funds by the SC General Assembly
- The Financial Aid Office will be responsible for awarding CAP money based on eligibility and eligibility dates.
- For more information about the CAP program: http://www.che.sc.gov/New_Web/GoingToCollege/FinAsst.htm
Montgomery GI Bill
- Eligible after completing basic and AIT training
- Please apply after receiving a copy of your NOBE, Notice of Basic Eligibility
- Benefits are paid directly to the student, not the school
- Benefits are paid at the end of each month for the preceding month that you are enrolled in school
Federal Tuition Assistance
- FTA is up to $4500 per fiscal year (Oct. 1- Sept. 30), NOT academic year
- The Citadel’s Treasurer’s Office invoices the SCANG once they receive a copy of your TA Authorization
*If receiving Financial Aid, your aid may or may not be reduced
- FTA may be available for graduate students
- FTA eligibility is determined by the SCANG, not the Dept. of Veterans’ Affairs
- Apply online as soon as a student registers for classes: https://www.goarmyed.com/login.aspx Students have 7 days after classes start to submit their FTA requests.
- The student is responsible for submitting their grades to the SCANG at the end of each semester that they use FTA. Failure to do so will result in suspension of applying for FTA.