This fall, we will embark on an important journey to plan, shape, and position The Citadel’s future success. Over the next few months, The Citadel will conduct a campus-wide planning process that engages faculty, staff, and students in a discussion of the institution’s strategic goals and future vision, culminating in a refresh of LEAD 2018: The Citadel’s Strategic Plan for Leadership Excellence and Academic Distinction.
We are pleased to present a framework for campus-wide participation in refreshing LEAD 2018 to integrate innovative new ideas and capitalize on new opportunities. The refresh process will also provide the opportunity for the institution to remove strategic planning actions already accomplished and items that are less relevant today. Building upon previous strategic planning processes, our mission, and core values, the following seven strategic initiatives will continue to form the foundation of the institution’s planning efforts and help define the college’s planning priorities:
(1) Focus on the development of principled leaders.
(2) Strengthen the College through institutional advancement.
(3) Enhance the learning environment.
(4) Develop the student population.
(5) Enhance the facilities and technological support for the campus.
(6) Improve institutional effectiveness.
(7) Ensure the College has the leadership and talent to accomplish these strategic initiatives.
We believe this set of strategic initiatives – which reflects years of thoughtful conversations and planning –synthesizes the most important aspirations and provides a solid foundation to then set goals, establish benchmarks, and express a collective vision for our future. LEAD 2018 will also employ the same set of 31 objectives to maintain consistency with our fund raising initiatives.
We invite proposals for:
- New action items associated with each objective
- Modification or removal of current action items
- Refinement of the Citadel’s Mission Statement
All proposal forms are due by January 16, 2015. Please submit the forms to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need any assistance in the proposal development or submission process, please contact Dr. Tara Hornor at (843) 953-5336.