STEM literacy leads to innovation!
The Citadel has created an effective model for enhancing STEM learning in the region that specifically targets grades P-20 in-service and pre-service teachers and students.
We equip the next generation of scientists, technologists, engineers, mathematicians, and STEM educators using 21st century skills, relevant content, effective pedagogies, and supporting technologies.
The STEM Center at the Citadel will foster:
- Highly qualified teachers equipped with cutting edge STEM knowledge and 21stcentury skills who will:
- Be confident in advancing student learning in STEM.
- Inspire and prepare students to pursue STEM-related careers.
- Be better able to prepare our students to be successful in the global economy.
- Community engagement in achieving STEM literacy for our state.
Working in concert with other STEM stakeholders, our unified efforts will enable student and teacher learning across the state.