The Staff Council advocates for and represents the interests of staff to the administration of The Citadel.
To accomplish these objectives, Staff Council will:
- Act as a liaison between staff and the administration of The Citadel regarding the interests and concerns of staff.
- Provide opportunities on campus and within the community for staff to demonstrate service in leadership.
- Champion learning and development opportunities.
- Recognize and promote contributions and accomplishments of the staff.
- Provide networking opportunities to enhance cooperation and camaraderie amongst staff and faculty.
Members of Staff Council are elected from all campus departments. Representation is based on a 1:15 ratio of eligible permanent employee positions within each of the following constituent areas: Athletics, the Commandant of Cadets, Communications & Marketing, Finance & Business, Institutional Advancement, Operations & Administration, the Office of the President, and the Office of the Provost.
Meetings are held the third Thursday of every month, and all employees are welcome to attend. Staff Council is also involved in various community service projects including Adopt-A-Highway and the Angel Tree project which helps children in the community at Christmas.
If you have ideas, suggestions, or concerns please bring them to the attention of your Staff Council representative. You may also complete our What Do You Think online form by clicking HERE.
Connect with Us!
Sharepoint (Citadel login required): Click HERE
Facebook Group Coming Soon!