News and Events
Charleston STEM Festival – Feb. 8
The Citadel Academy of Science and Mathematics Awards Ceremony - March 13th
The Citadel School of Science and Mathematics (SSM) in conjunction with the Citadel Science and Mathematics Council (CSMC) will hold a Citadel Academy of Science and Mathematics awards banquet on March 13th, 2014 at the Marriott - Lockwood Ave.
News and Events 2013-2014
- 2014 April 15: Dr. Shankar Banik of Mathematics and Computer Science: Tuesday, April 15th in Grimsley room 117. What Everybody Should Know about Cybersecurity. http://macs.citadel.edu/chenm/tk.dir/Banik_April15.pdf
- 2014 April 18: Dr. George Rudolph of MACS: "Cloud Computing as a Utility". Friday, April 18th in the Greater Issues Room of Mark Clark Hall. http://macs.citadel.edu/chenm/sigma_xi/Abs_Rudolph.htm
- 2014 Recipients of The Citadel School of Science and Mathematics :Outstanding Undergraduate Awards
- Cadet Ryan Boodee
- Cadet Mariana Garcia Torres
- 2014 Recipients of The Citadel School of Science and Mathematics Outstanding Graduate Awards:
- Carly Bess Williams
- 2014 Citadel School of Science and Mathematics Council (CSMC) meeting March 14th
- 2014 Recipients of the Faculty Excellence Awards:
- Dr. Joel M. Gramling, Associate Professor of Biology - Award for Faculty Excellence in Scholarship, Teaching, and Service
- Dr. Lori Hicklin Williams, Associate Professor of Health, Exercise, and Sport Science - Excellence in Scholarship
- 2014 Dr. Paul D. Simmons Clinical Professor, University of Louisville School of Medicine and a National Sigma Xi Speaker: Intelligent Design - Is This the End of Evolution? Thursday, February 13 at 6:30 PM Grimsley Hall room 117
- 2014 February 4th: Dr. Todd Wittman, MACS Citadel Professor: "Video Super-resolution: Breaking the Pixel Limit." Grimsley Hall room 117 http://macs.citadel.edu/chenm/tk.dir/Wittman_Feb4.pdf
- 2014 February 7th: Council of Colleges of Arts & Sciences Professional Development Workshop
- 2014 Congenital Cardiology Today: Screening School Children for Congenital Heart Disease in Developing Countries: http://www.congenitalcardiologytoday.com/index_files/CCT-FEB14-NA.pdf
- 2014 “Video Super-resolution: Breaking the Pixel Limit.” by Dr. Todd Wittman: http://macs.citadel.edu/chenm/tk.dir/Wittman_Feb4.pdf.
- 2014 "Examining Mediators to Physical Activity as a Link to Interventional Efforts Aimed at Increasing Activity Levels and Improving Physical Functioning in Older Adults” by Dr. Chris Dondzila: http://macs.citadel.edu/chenm/sigma_xi/Abs_Dondzila.pdf.
- 2014 Dr. Paul Nolan, researching the impact of climate change on penguins in Antarctica: http://www.citadel.edu/root/researching-the-impact-of-climate-change-on-penguins-in-antarctica
- 2013 November 21-22: Council on Undergraduate Research (CUR) Professional Development Workshop
- 2013 November 1: Citadel School of Science and Mathematics Council (CSMC) meeting
- 2013 The Charleston Defense Contractors Association Mobile Application Development Competition Winner - Cardavian Lowery
- 2013 Biology Major Cadet Lance Braye heads to medical school at MUSC: Cadet Lance Braye '13
- 2013 Cadet research finds "green" cleaning products may not be that green: Professor Weinstein (BIO), Cadet Austin Gray (HESS major, Minor in BIO)
- 2013 Cybersecurity competition: The Citadel places 2nd in first cybersecurity competition
- 2013 The Citadel presents 2013 Palmetto Medal Awards: Col. Isaac "Spike" Metts, Jr. (MACS)
- 2013 Cadets Holliday and Porter receive MacArthur, Cincinnati awards: Cadet Capt. Djordon-Lee Porter (PHY)
- 2012 'Force of nature' researcher does pivotal work in rice fields: Pamela Corwin Biology graduate student
- 2012-13 Faculty Award recipients: Dr. Saul Adelman (PHY), Dr. Paul Nolan (BIO)
- 2012 Distinguished Alumnus awardee: Dr. Jay D. Bearden III ('65)
- April 4, 7:00 PM: "The Lynx Suborbital Launch Vehicle: Development, Operations, and Missions"
By: Khaki Rodway, XCOR Aerospace, Mojave, CA
Presented by: The Citadel's Physics Department
Location: Grimsley Hall, Room 117
- April 13-14, 8:00 AM - 6:30 PM: 2013 Palmetto Cyber Defense Competition, Mark Clark Hall
- March 26, 6:30 PM - 7:40 PM: Public lecture by Dr. Bishop on "What is Cybersecurity?"Location: Grimsley Hall 117
- March 8: Citadel Undergraduate Research Conference
Location: Daniel Library
- March 7, 11:00 AM - 5:00 PM: Citadel Science and Mathematics Council
Location: Thompson Hall
- February 22: Sigma Xi brown bag presentation - Dr. Lok C. Lew Yan Voon, ""Location: Great Issues Room, Mark Clark HallNanotechnology
- February 16: Trebuchet Competition
- February 8, 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM: Sigma Xi brown bag presentation - Dr. Blakely Adair "It is Elementary"
Location: Grimsley 112
- February 7-13: Darwin Week in Charleston
- November 14, 6:00 PM: "Winging it" in a Human World, with Patrick McMillanPresented by: the Charleston Natural History Society (Charleston Audubon)Location: Duckett Hall Auditorium
- November 13, 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM: Math Jeopardy Contest II
Location: Grimsley Hall 117
- November 8, 11:00 AM - 12:15 PM: School of Science and Mathematics Faculty and Staff meeting
Location: Grimsley Hall 117
- November 1, 1:00 PM - 5:30 PM: Citadel Science and Mathematics Council meeting
Location: Gordon seminar room 108
- November 1, 6:00 PM - 8:30 PM: Distinguished Alumnus Dinner
Location: Riverview Room, Coward Hall
- October 2,15,18,23,24,30: Richland school visit
- October 26, 2:00 PM - 4:30 PM: Carolina Mathematics Seminar
Location: Thompson Hall 303
- October 25, 6:30 PM: Public lecture: "Higgs Discovery Event"
Location: Grimsley 117
- October 5, 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM: Sigma Xi brown bag presentation: Dr. Robert Clark, "A Box for Atoms"
Location: Great Issues Room, Mark Clark Hall
- September 21, 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM: Sigma Xi brown bag presentation: Location: Great Issues Room, Mark Clark Hall Dr. David Donnell, "Aliens and Predators - A Biological Thriller"
Elements is a publication of the School of Science and Mathematics.