The Military College of South Carolina
give online buttongive online button apply now buttonapply now button

Course Substitution Procedure

Students must meet with the Director of the Student Success Center to request course substitution(s). Course substitution(s) may be granted in foreign language and math. Course substitutions may not be an option for certain majors. The Director will evaluate the request(s) on a case-by-case basis using the following criteria:

  1. Student must provide current documentation of a disability that supports course substitution(s). Along with the documentation, students should provide any additional information that supports the course substitution request. This information may include: a) courses taken in high school along with grades; b) a foreign language substitution or waiver provided in high school or while attending a previous college or university; c) courses taken at other colleges or universities along with grades.
  2. Students requesting a course substitution after the class withdrawal date on the academic semester calendar will not be granted any special withdrawal from the class in which they are registered.
  3. Course substitutions are not automatically granted based on poor performance in one class. Students need to follow recommendations of the modern language department to not skip semesters when taking a language and to seek assistance from available tutors and from their professors.
Back to Top