Army ROTC Non-scholarship
Are you considering commissioning as an Officer in the Army when you graduate from The Citadel?
Cadets who have successfully completed MLTY 101 and MLTY 102 may contract during the first semester of their sophomore year (must have @30 credit hours, depending on academic major). It is recommended that students start the process while enrolled in MLTY 101 or MLTY 102. Non-scholarship cadets can freely request Active Duty, Army Reserve, or National Guard service as an Officer. The steps cadets will need to take to start the contracting process:
· Contact your Military Science Instructor to inform him/her of your interest
· Be a U.S. Citizen
· Provide an original Birth Certificate and Social Security Card
· Get medically (DODMERB) qualified
· Pass an APFT (60% in each category for your age/gender)
· Meet and maintain the Army height and weight standards
· Be academically aligned with a 2.0 GPA or above
· Be militarily aligned with a minimum 2.0 GPA in ROTC classes.
· Provide documentation if you are in the National Guard or Army Reserve
· Fill out a National Security Questionnaire and pass the background check