Learn about risk management from nationally renowned financial leaders
The Citadel School of Business hosting seminar Nov. 6
Managing risk through market uncertainty takes strategy and understanding. The Citadel School of Business is hosting an event to help professionals in financial services and portfolio and wealth management enhance their skills.
On Nov. 6, the college will host “Regulations, Risk Management and the Use of Options: Theory and Practice.” The seminar will take place 1:30 – 5:00 p.m. at the Riviera Theatre at Charleston Place Hotel.
During the half-day workshop, topics will include the volatility and risk associated with current financial markets, and how investors and managers can better understand the specific issues and mechanisms that will impact their markets going forward. The panelists and speakers are some of the most respected financial professionals and academics in the country, including the following:
- Martha Cummings, Senior Vice President, Federal Reserve Bank of New York
- Steven Kohlhagen, Author, former head of Trading and Global Derivatives for Wachovia, Professor of International Finance and Economics at UC Berkeley
- Richard Levich, Professor of Finance, NYU Stern School of Business
- Susan M. Phillips, Professor Emeritus of Finance, George Washington University, Chair of the CFTC and Member of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve
- Bluford H. Putnam, Chief Economist and Managing Director at CME Group
- John Rutledge, Chairman, Rutledge Capital, Senior Research Fellow, Claremont Graduate University and Chief Investment Strategist, SAFANAD
- Charles Smithson, Founder of Rutter Associates and former Managing Director at Chase Manhattan and CIBC
- Martin Skelly, Partner and Senior Advisory of UFG Asset Management and a founder of UFG Investment Bank
According to Dr. Bill Trumbull, dean of The Citadel School of Business, the event will bring together a diverse group of financial experts from various backgrounds that have had the experience of working through
To learn more, contact Kim Black, event manager, at (843) 953-7416 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. The seminar is sponsored by CME Group Foundation, an organization that enhances economic opportunity by supporting academic initiatives and activities.