- The Citadel Cybersecurity Club organized a talk “Cybersecurity – Staying Safe Online” at the Lowcountry Senior Center on November 10th 2015. The main theme of the talk was How to be Good Senior Cyber Citizen. In that talk the Cybersecurity Club members discussed how to protect personal information in the cyberspace. They talked about Properties of Good Passwords, Social Engineering Attacks, Secured Online Transactions, and Security concerns of Public Wi-Fi. The event is listed on page 6 in the Nov-Dec 2015 Newsletter at the Lowcountry Senior Center (http://www.lowcountryseniorcenter.com/Categories/Programs/Documents/NovDec2015Newsletter.pdf ).
- Three members of the Citadel Cybersecurity Club are registered as Technical Mentors for Cyber Patriot Competition for High School Students (https://www.uscyberpatriot.org/).
- The Citadel is a Member of National Cyber Security Awareness Month Champion (NCSAM) 2015 which is coordinated and led by the National Cyber Security Alliance (NCSA) and DHS. (http://www.citadel.edu/root/upcoming-news-november-2015)
- The Citadel is also a Member of the academic alliance of STOP.THINK.CONNECT campaign of DHS.
- The Citadel Cybersecurity Club hosted “Hour of Cybersecurity” on Thursday October 29 to teach online safety to students/faculty/staff at The Citadel.
- Dr. Shankar Banik taught a course on cybersafety and preparing lesson plans for k-12 students to a cohort of South Carolina teachers in the STEM Ambassadors Program at THe Citadel on Saturday Nov. 21, 2015.