Services for Faculty and Staff
Recording and practicing presentations
- Whether you are giving a speech at a conference or want to rehearse a presentation to a community group, the OCL can assist you with filming and a practice area.
Preparing supplemental video materials
- Discuss material you could not cover in class or additional explanations of complex topics. The OCL can record your discussion and give you a link to upload to Blackboard.
Presenting guest lectures on public speaking
- If your cadets need a refresher course on effective public speaking, someone from the OCL can visit your class and go over pointers for them to remember when speaking a group.
Recording routine procedures for viewing on the website
- Are you a trainer? Do you need to make instructions available that others can review at their convenience? The OCL can record your presentation and upload it to the website so it will be accessible to answer questions as people start to use new systems or procedures.
Preparing students for external presentations
- If your students make presentations to outside audiences, send them to the OCL for some practice and help with polishing their remarks.
Recording online classes
- Our new Mediasite equipment gives the OCL the ability to record and upload online classes. You handle the content and the OCL can handle putting your presentations online.
- If you are interested in online classes, we encourage you to come by the OCL and record some supplemental material for your classes soon so that you can get a sense of how Mediasite works.