Taxi Transportation and Courier Service
Information Provider: Physical Plant Dispatcher, PPLT, 843-953-6851
Revised 17 December 2013
1. The Physical Plant has a designated vehicle driver to provide emergency transportation, taxi and courier service on and off the campus. Hours of service are from 0730-1530 hours, Monday through Friday.
2. This service will be discontinued each day at 1530 hours when cadet OD assumes the duty.
3. Priorities for use are as follows:
Fourth Class Cadets with dental/medical appointments off campus.
Cadets attending class requiring transportation across campus due to cast or crutches.
Faculty and staff to attend official Citadel business in local Charleston area. Personnel would be dropped off at meeting place with a pick-up time scheduled or call back to the Dispatcher.
Pick-up and delivery of time-sensitive documents.
4. The College Physician or his representative will notify the Physical Plant Dispatcher of all cadets authorized to use this service. The Commandant's Department will ensure that cadets do not abuse this service.
5. Cadets seriously ill or injured will be transported by EMS.
6. Impaired/Intoxicated Cadets:
Cadets who are being transferred from The Citadel to any off-campus medical facility on an involuntary basis will be transported by ambulance/EMS.
Cadets who are being transported on a voluntary basis will be transported by public safety with either a TAC officer, coordinating Officer in Charge (COC), Officer in Charge (OIC), Officer of the Day, (OD), or the Junior Officer of the Day, (JOD) escort.
7. Each department using the taxi and courier will be charged on a monthly basis for services rendered at the following rates: 13.50 per hour and .34 cents per mile. (These rates are established to recover the expense of driver's salary, gasoline, maintenance and repair of the vehicle.)
8. Service may be requested by calling the Physical Plant Dispatcher.