The Military College of South Carolina Dare to Lead

Info Academics Admissions Alumni Cadet Life Graduate College Athletics Connect Giving
Close this window

Giving to The Citadel

  • The Citadel Foundation
  • Blueprint
  • The Citadel Brigadier Foundation

Citadel News Service


January 24, 2004


Resolution passed by The Citadel Alumni Association Board of Directors

Whereas, The Citadel Alumni Association is the current successor to the Association of Graduates which was created in 1852 and was in 1934 renamed the Association of Citadel Men and was granted its current name in 1997;

And whereas The Citadel Alumni Association, following the responsibilities and purposes set forth by its two predecessor organizations, wishes to continue in its valued missions and purposes as set forth in its bylaws, to represent its more than ten thousand members;

And whereas under Article 1, section 2, paragraph b of the aforementioned bylaws is stated, "to foster, perpetuate and preserve the history, memories, values and traditions of The Citadel, the Military College of South Carolina, the Corps of Cadets and the alumni . . ."

Therefore be it resolved that at the meeting of the Board of Directors of The Citadel Alumni Association held at The Citadel Alumni House on January 24, 2004, the officers and directors do, respectfully call upon the Board of Visitors to reverse the decision for optional evening formation and immediately reinstate this vital part of the life of the Corps of Cadets.

It is further directed that the president shall sign this resolution and send it to the chairman of the Board of Visitors, Colonel William Jenkinson, Class of 1968, no later than February 1, 2004, with copies to each member of the Board of Visitors.