CHARLESTON, SC (January 15)---The Citadel will officially kick off its observance of Black History Month Friday, January 31.
The theme for this year is "Our Southern Heritage" and the program will feature lectures, exhibits, concerts, discussion groups, a black history quiz bowl, and an African - American bazaar.
Highlights of the observance include the following scheduled events:
- Saturday 8, 11 a.m. until 3 p.m. African-American Bazaar/Taste of Soul Food 11 a.m. until 3 p.m. Music by Rivers Company Band
- Sunday 9, 2 until 4 p.m. Gospel Choir Mark Clark Hall Auditorium
- Tuesday 18, 7 p.m. Keynote speaker Congressman Clyburn, Mark Clark Hall Audi- torium
- Thursday 27, 7 until 9 p.m. Black History Quiz Bowl Mark Clark Auditorium
- Thursday 27, 7 until 9 p.m. Speaker Imam Muhammad, Jenkins Hall Auditorium
Black History Month observances at The Citadel will begin on January 31 with opening remarks during the noon meal by Major General Poole and cadet Captain Rodney E. Jenkins, President of the African American Society.
For more information please call 953-5072 or 953-4876.