Welcoming Diversity Workshops
Fall Welcoming Diversity Workshop Schedule
September 13 - 9am - 5pm.
Open to Graduate students only.
Location: Bond 295
October 22, Leadership Day - 8:30am - 3:30pm.
Open to Cadet sophomores.
Location: HR Training Room
November 4 - 8:30am - 3:30pm.
Open to Cadet juniors and seniors.
Location: Greater Issues Room
December 12 - 9pm - 5pm.
Open to Administrators, Faculty, Staff, and Graduate Students.
Click Here to Register for an upcoming Welcoming Diversity Workshop.
This workshop is a full-day experience during which participants will get to know themselves and others in the first step towards developing leadership skills in diversity. Participants will have opportunities to
- identify information and misinformation that people carry about various social identity groups;
- identify and express pride in groups to which we belong;
- learn how other groups experience mistreatment;
- learn the impact of specific incidents of discrimination; and
- learn to interrupt prejudicial jokes, remarks and slurs.