Welcoming Diversity Workshops
April 9, 2014, 2:00 - 8:00 in the Greater Issues Room for the South Carolina Corps of Cadets.
May 2, 2014, 9:00 - 4:30 in the Greater Issues Room for students of the Citadel Graduate College, and Citadel Faculty and Staff.
This workshop is a full-day experience during which participants will get to know themselves and others in the first step towards developing leadership skills in diversity. Participants will have opportunities to
- identify information and misinformation that people carry about various social identity groups;
- identify and express pride in groups to which we belong;
- learn how other groups experience mistreatment;
- learn the impact of specific incidents of discrimination; and
- learn to interrupt prejudicial jokes, remarks and slurs.