Evening Undergraduate Program
The Citadel Graduate College (CGC) offers an evening undergraduate Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering. This program is offered where the student completes the first two years of study at a technical college or other university. The junior and senior years of study are completed at The Citadel by attending evening classes. The program is designed and offered to enable the full time student to complete the upper two years of the program and receive a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering within two academic years and two summers.
*Note: Veteran students have the option of attending day classes on The Citadel campus in conjunction with their evening classes.
WHAT YOU NEED
Transfer Admission Requirements:
Completed 24 credit hours or more of transferable college-level courses.
Minimum 2.0 or higher cumulative GPA.
- Complete the minimum courses below with a grade of C or higher before applying. The Citadel course number is written in parentheses for your reference.
- College Chemistry I course with lab, (CHEM 151 & 161) – 4 credits
- College Chemistry II course with lab, (CHEM 152 & 162) – 4 credits
- Physics with Calculus I with lab, (PHYS 221 & 271) – 4 credits
- Physics with Calculus II with lab, (PHYS 222 & 272) – 4 credits
- Calculus I, (MATH 131) – 4 credits
- Calculus II, (MATH 132) – 4 credits
- Calculus III, (MATH 231) – 4 credits
- Differential Equations, (MATH 234) – 4 credits
- Introduction to Mechanical Engineering, (MECH 101) – 1 credit
- Engineering Computer Applications, (MECH 102) – 2 credits
- Electric Circuit Analysis I, (ELEC 201) – 3 credits
- Electric Circuit Analysis II, (ELEC 202) – 3 credits
- Electrical Laboratory, (ELEC 204) - 1 credit
- Engineering Statics, (CIVL 202) – 3 credits
Submit all official transcripts directly from your previous colleges/universities attended to The Citadel Graduate College (CGC). Transcripts will not be reviewed by the Registrar’s Office at The Citadel until all transcripts from colleges/universities that you’ve attended have been received in the CGC.
STILL HAVE QUESTIONS?
Our Partner Colleges
The Citadel has created a partnership with 11 technical and community colleges in South Carolina. The intent is to enable students who are currently attending one of the schools listed below a transfer option to The Citadel to finish their final two years of coursework. Please visit the school's webpage below for more information: