CSCI 421: Software Engineering Practicum
CSCI 421 Software Engineering Practicum Three Credit Hours
Prerequisite: CSCI 420
A team-based project class to apply software engineering practices in a realistic environment. The purpose of the course is to give students an opportunity to construct real-world software in a group using standard software engineering practices.
Course Goal and Outcomes:
The goal of the course is to provide students with an opportunity to apply the theory and methods learned from the computer science curriculum to the development and installation of a real-world client defined software system.
Upon successful completion of this course, a student will be able to
- Formulate and set bounds for a problem suggested by a “real-world” client
- Design, implement and test a solution for a problem suggested by a “real-world” client
- Install and acceptance test a software system for a “real-world” client
- Write documentation associated with software development
- Choose and use appropriate software engineering methods and technologies during the software engineering process
- Work as part of a group to build a software system.