CSCI 420: Software Engineering
CSCI 420 Software Engineering Three Credit Hours
Prerequisite: CSCI 223
An introduction to current techniques used in medium and large-scale software development. Topics include requirements analysis, functional specification, systems design, implementation, testing, maintenance, project management, and professional ethics.
- Discipline of software engineering
- Software process models
- Project planning and management
- Software requirements
- Software design
- Software validation and verification
- Software evolution
- Software development tools
- Written and oral Communication
- Social, professional, and ethical issues of software engineering
Upon successful completion of this course, a student will be able to
- Explain the terminology associated with and the processes used in the development of medium and large software projects
- Produce artifacts associated with the development of medium and large software projects
- Formulate and defend (orally and in writing) development decisions about software process and product
- Discuss the ethical responsibilities of a software engineering professional.
Essentials of Software Engineering by Frank F. Tsui and Orlando Karam, Jones & Bartlett, 2006.