Deas Hall Orientation
Deas Hall Orientation for Freshmen is a Tier 6 event. Event success is measured by total points earned and is a direct reflection of the athletic officer’s commitment to his or her job. An athletic officer’s ability to sincerely perform duties of this Deas Hall Orientation impacts the future health and wellness of members of his or her company.
Desired roster size is 100% of unit freshmen. Athletic officers may provide as many unit tours as needed before the published deadline.
Orientation must include the swimming pool, cardio training area, weight training areas, racquetball courts and locker rooms. Review building hours, equipment checkout rules, and weight room and cardio area etiquette. Encourage locker checkout, good sportsmanship and other ethical behavior (e.g., no foul language).
Reminder of things to make sure they see and emphasize:
- Equipment room - get a locker here and check out equipment here (bring your I.D.).
- Locker rooms - make sure they know where the locker rooms are (male and female).
- Racquetball courts - this is a fun game that is also a good alternative for cardio.
- Weight room - make sure they know the best workout times for freshmen, e.g., Saturday mornings and Sunday afternoons.
- Mat room (215) - show them which activities are authorized and which are not.
- Cardio area - best place to work on 2-mile time if you are struggling with this portion of the CPFT.
- Swimming pool - best all-around work-out in the building.
Other points of emphasis:
- Rack plates, bars, dumbbells, medicine balls and other appartus in the weight room.
- Wipe down cardio machines before and after use. Wipe down benches in the weight training areas.