Policies & Procedures - General Rules & Regulations
THE LANGUAGE USED IN THIS DOCUMENT DOES NOT CREATE AN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT BETWEEN THE EMPLOYEE AND THE AGENCY. THIS DOCUMENT DOES NOT CREATE ANY CONTRACTUAL RIGHTS OR ENTITLEMENTS. THE AGENCY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REVISE THE CONTENT OF THIS DOCUMENT, IN WHOLE OR IN PART. NO PROMISES OR ASSURANCES, WHETHER WRITTEN OR ORAL, WHICH ARE CONTRARY TO OR INCONSISTENT WITH THE TERMS OF THIS PARAGRAPH CREATE ANY CONTRACT OF EMPLOYMENT.
We believe that The Citadel employees are and will continue to be good citizens, both in the community and on their jobs, and that they ordinarily will not engage in acts contrary to the best interests of themselves, other employees, students or the college. However, in instances in which employees do engage in conduct contrary to these interests, they will receive discipline appropriate for such misconduct. The degree of discipline in each case, up to and including discharge, will be determined by the severity of the situation involved.
Discipline can take may forms. It may be something as simple as a counseling session between the employee and the supervisor. Disciplinary action may include an oral warning, written warning, written probation, suspension without pay, or possibly termination from employment. The Citadel has no obligation to use any one or more of these forms of discipline. Any or all of these forms of discipline may be omitted if the misconduct is deemed serious enough by The Citadel.
The following set of rules and regulations is intended to serve as a general guideline in governing appropriate employee behavior. The list is not intended to include all offenses for which an employee may be discipline or discharged.
1. Always use your best effort.
2. You are expected to meet the assigned standards of efficiency, productivity, and performance. You should never intentionally fail to perform your assigned duties.
3. Be at your assigned workstation ready to work at the start of your shift and at the end of your break and lunch periods. You also are expected to work until the end of your shift or the beginning of your break and lunch periods.
4. You must call in to your supervisor if you are going to be absent or late.
Behavior Toward Others:
1. Insubordination is prohibited. Insubordination includes the failure or refusal to obey the orders or instructions of a supervisor or management, the use of abusive or threatening language toward such individuals, or any conduct that undermines supervisory authority.
2.Do not threaten, intimidate, coerce, provoke, interfere, or fight with employees, supervisors, management, customers, visitors, or suppliers at any time.
3. Do not make false or malicious statements about employees, supervisors, management, The Citadel or its services, students, suppliers, or visitors at any time.
4/ The use of profane or abusive language is not permitted.
5. Do not engage in any act that may result in danger or injury to yourself, your fellow employees, visitors, or students.
Property of Others:
1. Do not abuse, misuse, damage, destroy, sabotage, or steal The Citadel or the State’s property, or the property of employees, supervisors, students, or visitors.
2. The use of The Citadel property for personal purposes is not permitted without proper authorization permission.
1. Do not falsify or fail to completely disclose all information requested or recorded on any employment, personnel, production, or other record of The Citadel or students, suppliers, or insurance carriers, etc.
2. Do not alter, misuse, or remove from The Citadel premises, without proper authorization, employees list, Citadel records, checks, or confidential information of any nature.
3. Do not falsify employee time records by recording hours as worked that are not actually worked. Do not complete any employee time records other than your own.
4. It is the responsibility of all employees to safeguard The Citadel’s information. Unauthorized access to confidential information by employees or others will not be tolerated.
1. Gambling on The Citadel’s premises is strictly prohibited.
2. The possession of guns of any type, including handguns, or other lethal weapons on The Citadel’s premises is strictly prohibited without proper authorization.
3. Do not post or remove notices, signs, or any written or printed material on or from bulletin boards or elsewhere on The Citadel’s property at any time without advance permission.
4. Always report any mistake by yourself or another person that could affect The Citadel’s operations or the quantity or quality of its products or services.
5. Sleeping on duty is strictly prohibited.
6. Possession or consumption, while at work on The Citadel’s premises, of alcohol or drugs that were not prescribed for you by a physician is prohibited. Likewise, reporting to work under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be tolerated.
7. Conviction for the manufacture, distribution, or sale of illegal drugs will not be tolerated. You may be indefinitely suspended without pay upon being criminally charged and pending resolution of the matter.
Parking and Access to Premises:
1. Park only in the area designated for you by the Public Safety Office.
Parking areas on The Citadel’s premises are restricted to the employees, students and other Citadel authorized guest or visitors.