Cadet Information Systems Outage
- Published on Monday, 03 November 2014 14:20
Cadet Information Systems (absences, special orders, merit-demerit, tours, and confinements) will be unavailable Tuesday, November 4th from 3:00pm – 4:00pm for upgrades. Please log out of these systems before 3:00pm on Nov 4th. Commandant’s Information Systems (sign-in/sign-out, cadet record brief, leave requests, peer review) will remain up during this time.
Systems Outage: From 5:30pm - 8:00pm Wednesday, October 22
- Published on Wednesday, 22 October 2014 17:32
Hotline, Banner and Banner dependent systems will be unavailable Wednesday, Oct 22 from 5:30pm – 8:00pm while required upgrades are performed.
Systems that will not be available during this time include Hotline, Lesesne Gateway, Banner INB, Banner Self-service, Cadet Information Systems, Operational Data Store, Enterprise Data Warehouse, and Cognos. While down, Lesesne Gateway will redirect to http://www.bulldogalert.info.
CitLearn and our email systems do not require use of Lesesne Gateway. CitLearn can be reached at https://citlearn.blackboard.com/. Faculty and staff can always access their email at either https://outlook.office365.com or https://login.microsoftonline.com and students can access their e-mail at http://webmail.citadel.edu/.
Citadel ITS Systems Emergency Maintenance, TODAY, 10/1/14
- Published on Wednesday, 01 October 2014 14:31
Last Wednesday, the Department of Homeland Security’s Cyber Security Division sent out a notification about a dangerous security flaw known as “ShellShock.” The Citadel’s ITS staff quickly identified systems under our control that were vulnerable and implemented the fix suggested by the Cyber Security Division.
Since then, we have been informed that the fix was not correct and have been issued a new fix. This fix also requires that the affected servers be rebooted. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. The downtime you may experience should be no more than 30 minutes. We shall be applying the patch between 3pm and 5pm today. If you experience any issues or have additional questions, please contact the ITS Help Center at 843-953-HELP (4357).
- Banner, Self-Service Banner, Banner Relationship Module, Workflow and Operational Data Store, test and production
- Cognos, test and production
- Cadet Information System
- Lesesne Gateway
- Some Citadel web site services
- MACS Server
- Web Work
Information Technology Services
Enterprise System Services
Event Management System
- Published on Monday, 01 September 2014 11:56
The Event Management System (EMS) is currently offline. ITS is working to restore service as soon as possible. Posted 9/1/14 at 11:54 AM EST.
- Published on Friday, 22 August 2014 11:44
Registration and grading will be unavailable between Noon and 1:00 pm on August 22, 2014.
- Published on Friday, 15 August 2014 18:28
COGNOS and other reports that run against the operational data store (ODS) were unavailable from Friday 8/15 until early Saturday 8/16. COGNOS reporting against the ODS has been restored as of 7:30 am on Saturday 8/16.
- Published on Wednesday, 06 August 2014 13:54
Email service has been restored. If you were expecting an email in the past 2 hours, please request it to be re-sent as it may have been undeliverable.
- Published on Thursday, 24 July 2014 09:30
The Citadel campus is continuing to experience connectivity issues isolated to our wireless network due to a power failure in Bond Hall that effected our central network closet. [updated 11:11 AM 7/24/14]
ODS and EDW Outage
- Published on Thursday, 17 July 2014 14:28
The Operational Data Store and Enterprise Data Warehouse will be unavailable for approximately five minutes beginning at 5:30pm today in order to perform required maintenance.
Citadel Internet Service Maintenance
- Published on Saturday, 12 July 2014 13:38
The Citadel's connection to the Internet will be unavailable between 12:00am-5:00am on Friday, August 8th while required maintenance is performed by The Citadel's Internet Service Provider.
- Access to Citadel services normally available from off-campus such as The Citadel Website, Lesesne Gateway, Bannerweb, Office 365, Webmail and Blackboard will remain available during this maintenance period.
- Access to the VPN and services normally accessible while on campus such as Lesesne Gateway, Banner INB, OneStop, Cadet Systems, Infirmary System and Cognos will NOT be available from on-campus during the maintenance period.
If you have concerns or special needs during this maintenance period, please contact the ITS Help Center at 953-HELP.
Information Technology Services