InfoEd Global's products and services include an electronic research administration system that is integrated to enhance collaboration, streamline existing business processes, increase efficiency, and facilitate compliance. InfoEd has many solutions and The Citadel has made available the following modules to faculty and staff for research activities:
SPIN (Sponsored Programs Information Network) - SPIN is a funding opportunity database that tracks research grants, fellowships, publication support, sabbatical support, curriculum development, and other programs from thousands of government, private, and nonprofit sources.
SMARTS (SPIN Matching And Research Transmittal Service) - As part of the SPIN service, SMARTS is an automated alert system, which notifies investigators of relevant new programs that match their research interests.
GENIUS (Global Expertise Network for Industry, University, and Scholars) – This module is a global network and database of scientific and scholarly expertise containing profiles entered and maintained by scholars and researchers at leading universities and research institutions throughout the world. The database promotes collaboration by allowing investigators to search globally for internal and external researchers in their field.
Proposal Development - The Proposal Development module enables the authorized organizational representatives to assemble and build the perfect application. Proposal Development supports internal routing and approval and manages electronic submissions.
Proposal Tracking - The Proposal Tracking module provides administrators and faculty with proposal and award data management capability along with comprehensive reporting features.
How do I Log in to SPIN?
To log into InfoEd SPIN, go to http://citadel.infoedglobal.com
Username is your Lesesne Gateway username
Password is your employee ID number
Once you have logged in, click the “SPIN” icon under Home in the main menu bar.
The Quick Reference Guide provides information on how to search for grants.
To Change Your Password
1. Log on to InfoEd and click on the V13 Portal tab at the top of the screen.
2. Click on My Profile then click on Edit. On the right hand side of the screen click on General.
3. Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and you will see the Security section.
4. Click on the Set button to change your password.
To return to the SPIN funding database, click the Portal tab on the top of the screen.
SPIN Training Videos
For additional instructions, refer to one of the many Training Videos which are located in the upper right hand corner of the main menu after log in to the SPIN webpage (you must be logged in to access the information). The topics include:
- How to do a Basic Search in SPIN
- How to use Category Filters in SPIN
- How to Set Search Options in SPIN
- How to Utilize the Grid Display in SPIN
- How to Email a Program to Others in SPIN
- How to Configure the Preview Pane in SPIN
- How to Create a program Report in SPIN
- How to Save Your Searches in SPIN
- How to Bookmark Your Searches in SPIN
- How to Access the Funding Guides in SPIN
- How to Utilize Advanced Search in SPIN
Username/Password/ Technical Assistance: