"The Editors of The 2012 Gold Star Journal dedicate this year's journal to Mr. Kevin L. Metzger, in honor of his commitment to our school, his aid in the promotion of our name, and ultimately the continuation of our legacy. Without his valued direction and continued instruction, the sophisticated nature of this journal would not have been possible. Mr. Metzger's history at The Citadel has proven his dedication and desire to recognize and to promote excellence in all fields of academia. This passion is one not onlyto be appreciated, but also emulated as we seek to maintain The Citadel's reputation as one of the overall top colleges in the nation."
To view the entire 2012 edition, click this link or the cover above.
To view the abstract of a paper, click on the associated link in the listing below:
- "John T. Scopes and The Trial of The Century", Matthew E. Selmasska, Class of 2012, Political Science Major.
- "Casus Belli: Surface Events and Foundational Motivations in America’s Entry into WWI", Franklin S. McGuire, Jr., Class of 2014, English Major.
- "Facing The Fallen Angel in The Mirror", Lance C. Braye, Class of 2013, Biology Major.
- "The Role of Steiner’s Tragic Vision in Greek and Roman Literature", Jane Ma, Class of 2015, Biology Major.
- "The Cherokee War: Colonial and Indian Conflict", John J. Riser, Class of 2012, Biology Major.
- "A Revolution Worth Stirring", Christian V. Jack, Class of 2012, Business Accounting Major.
- "Dark Themes In “A Clean, Well-Lighted Place”, Robert P. Keener III, Class of 2014, Political Science Major.
The cover photograph was taken by Matthew L. Herold, Class of 2012, Electrical Engineering Major.