Scholarship Award Timetable
Scholarship Application & Award Timetable
Incoming Knobs: Citadel scholarship awards are made based on your application for entrance to The Citadel, high school transcripts, and your FAFSA. Your first FAFSA is filed after January 01 in the senior year of high school. For best consideration, you should file your FAFSA by mid-February, even if you have not filed taxes yet. You can update your FAFSA three weeks after filing taxes electronically using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool. Prior to your freshman year of college, there are no additional steps or applications to complete for scholarship consideration.
Upperclass Cadets: to maximize your scholarship eligibility, file a FAFSA by mid-February and complete the electonic Citadel Upperclass Scholarship Application in March each year.
- Scholarship renewal: Cadets must maintain individual scholarship eligibility requirements, have an annual FAFSA on file by March 01, and complete the Upperclass Scholarship Application when posted.
- Go to fafsa.ed.gov and file your FAFSA close to January 01 each year. Estimate your tax information based on the prior year and return 3 weeks after electronic taxes are filed to update the form with the IRS Data Retrieval Tool.
- Citadel Upperclass Scholarship Application: Each March, file our electronic Citadel scholarship application (attending knob, sophomore, junior, and senior cadets). This application will be posted on the Financial Aid and cadet scholarship webpages.
- Priority deadline: File FAFSA just after January 01 each year for scholarship consideration
- Evaluate freshman applicants for scholarship awards
- Package freshman applicants' scholarship awards (done by April 01)
- 01: Upperclass: FAFSA priority deadline
- 15: Upperclass: Electronic Cadet Upperclass Scholarship Application available online
- 15: Priority deadline for Cadet Upperclass Scholarship Application
- 01: National college decision date
- 05: Cadet Upperclass Scholarship Application closes at 5:00 pm
- Renew upperclass scholarships after spring grades post
- Package upperclass scholarship awards/financial aid accounts
- Complete scholarship award process
- Email announcements/call for individual scholarship applications
- Email announcements/call for outside-partner scholarship applications