CITADEL COMMENCEMENT FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
SCCC = South Carolina Corps of Cadets CGC = Citadel Graduate College
1. Where can I find a map of The Citadel?
The college's online map and virtual tour can be found here. Buildings, handicapped accessible parking and other details are noted on the map.
2. Is there designated seating and parking for visitors with disabilities?
- SCCC questions, please contact The Citadel’s Office of Services for Students with Disabilities at 843-953-6877.
- CGC questions and assistance, please call 843-953-5089.
- On-campus handicapped parking will be available for all events but early arrival is highly recommended.
- Please visit the Accessibility Options page for more information.
3. Where can I find a list of hotels and restaurants in the area?
- You may access a list of hotels and restaurants in the Charleston area here.
4. Do I need tickets?
- SCCC - Yes. General admission tickets are required for the Corps of Cadets commencement on Saturday morning. Each graduating cadet will receive eight tickets, distributed directly to the cadet through the Office of Cadet Activies between April 17 - 28. Seating the day of the event is in the bleachers and is first come, first served. The doors to McAlister Field House will open at 7:30 a.m. Candidates who need additional tickets must contact Ms. Ruthie Ward in Cadet Activities. Only the graduation candidate can request additional tickets. December graduates and fifth-year candidates living off-campus must contact Ms. Ward for tickets at 843-953-5111.
- CGC - No. Tickets are not needed to attend The Citadel Graduate College Commencement.
5. What time do graduates need to be at McAlister Field House for their ceremony?
- SCCC - Graduating cadets will gather in Deas Hall no later than 7 a.m. Saturday, May 6 for lineup. Alumni parents and grandparents presenting diplomas to their sons or daughters will be lined up in the rear hallway of McAlister Field House. Families and other guests must arrive and be seated PRIOR TO THE PROCESSIONAL. Those not seated by 8:50 a.m. must wait until the conclusion of the processional before being seated.
- CGC - CGC students will gather in Deas Hall no later than 2:30 p.m. Saturday, May 6 for robing and lineup.
6. How long does the ceremony usually last?
- SCCC - Approximately three hours.
- CGC - Approximately ninety minutes.
7. Who is speaking at the graduation ceremony?
- SCCC - Mr. Morris DeRhon Robinson
- CGC - Mr. Tommy Baker
8. What can we bring into McAlister Field House during the ceremonies?
- For both commencement exercises: No boxes, alcohol, weapons, firecrackers, noise makers, umbrellas, beverage containers of any sort, backpacks, large handbags, coolers, thermoses or similar items will be allowed in the field house. Food and drink are prohibited. Cameras and video cameras are permitted; however, guests will not be permitted on the floor of the field house during commencement exercises.
9. Who should I contact to order graduation announcements?
Invitations should be ordered directly through Balfour Graduation Announcements online. Please note that an announcement or invitation cannot be used for admission into the SCCC ceremony. No tickets are needed for The Citadel Graduate College's ceremony.