Faculty, staff can request debate tickets until July 12
This information is for Citadel faculty and staff only. At this time The Citadel does not have debate seating available for the general public.
All Citadel faculty and staff will have an opportunity to be considered for seating at the July 23 Democratic presidential debate in McAlister Field House. The South Carolina Democratic Party has teamed up with CNN and YouTube to host the first of six Democratic National Committee-sanctioned presidential primary debates, which will be moderated by CNN's Anderson Cooper and will air live at 7 p.m. on the cable news channel.
A lottery will be used to award faculty and staff admission to the debate. Please read carefully and follow the directions that follow. To be considered for debate admission, you must adhere to the following:
- I understand that the seats will be awarded through a random lottery. It will not be on a first come-first served basis.
- Requests must be made no later than Thursday, July 12th. Requests made after this date may not be considered.
- I understand I will be limited to two (2) seats.
- I understand I am only able to make one request. Repeated requests will not be considered.
- I understand I must provide the full name and date of birth for each seat holder.
- I understand seats are non-transferable. As a representative of The Citadel, I will try my best to occupy my seat(s).
- I understand I must have a photo ID (drivers license or military ID card) and names will be checked against a master debate attendee list in order to gain admittance to McAlister Field House. In addition, attendees must proceed through security clearance.
- I understand that I will not be allowed to bring a concealed weapon, cell phone or other recording device into McAlister Field House. Any purse (or other bag) that I bring may be searched by the authorities.
- I understand that no political propaganda may be brought into the field house. This includes buttons, hats, shirts, signs, etc.
- I understand that I must arrive at McAlister Field House between 4:30 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. and that once admitted, I will not be able to leave until the debate is over.
- CNN, YouTube, the South Carolina Democratic Party or the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division (SLED) may impose other restrictions on attendees. We will pass those along if and when we receive them.
There are no paper tickets for this event. The only way to gain entry into the field house is by having your name and information appear on the master attendee list. We will provide names and dates of birth to CNN/S.C. Democratic Party/YouTube and you will need to present your credentials (photo ID) to be admitted into the field house. If you are not on their list, you will not gain admittance. (A listing of all full names and DOB will be deleted once the debate has concluded. Neither The Citadel nor CNN will keep this database.)
The subject line should be a NUMBER, indicating whether you would like 1 or 2 seats. The body of the e-mail should include the full name(s) of the person(s) and the date(s) of birth, and your campus work information in this order:
Last Name, First Name, Middle Initial, Date of Birth (07/23/1987)
You should also indicate if you have any special seating needs and a description of what those needs are.
The e-mail should look like this:
Doe Jeffrey H. 07/03/1960
Doe Janice P. 08/02/1961
Jeff works in the Protocol Office (3-5449).
Jan is Jeff’s wife. She recently broke her foot and is on crutches. It would be helpful if we had a floor seat.
If you have been awarded a seat via the lottery system, we will notify you by e-mail no later than close of business on July 13. Those employees that do not have an e-mail will be contacted through the supervisor that submitted the request. More detailed information will be provided in a confirmation letter via e-mail that will be sent out to each faculty or staff member that is awarded seats for the debate. This confirmation letter will be sent out the week of July 16.
If you have any questions and for up-to-date information regarding the debate, please refer to the debate website.