Evolution of Leadership
The Tommy & Victoria Baker School of Business is committed to developing Leaders of Principle. It is accredited by AACSB. After students enter the program, they are exposed to:
- A highly qualified faculty with substantial industry or research experience
- Small class size
- The opportunity to earn a General Business or Accounting degree
- Professional pathways reflecting the characteristics of the rapidly growing and diverse workforce:
- Experiential learning opportunities
- Internships, both domestic and international
- Study abroad
- Extracurricular enrichment activities
- One-on-one mentoring by business leaders
- Networking opportunities with industry leaders
With the exception of veterans and select active-duty personnel, all day students are members of the South Carolina Corps of Cadets. Cadets live in a military regime while attending classes. The Citadel takes pride in educating the "Whole Person" - mind, body, and spirit - and the cadet lifestyle is an important aspect of this educational process.
From the freshman year until graduation, members of the Corps are required to live in on-campus barracks. These cadet-operated “Leadership Laboratories" afford students numerous opportunities and challenges both within the military units and through the many student organizations on campus. Cadets are required to take leadership classes starting freshman year and participate in various leadership-oriented service projects within the community.
Upon graduation, Citadel cadets have made the transition from follower to leader. They have the skills to successfully lead in their professions, in their communities and in their families. They have experienced the Evolution of Leadership.