The Swain Department of Nursing Degree Completion program covers the final 60 credit hours required to receive the Bachelor of Science (BSN) in Nursing. Student applying must have:
- A minimum of 60 credit hours of the prerequisite courses at SC Technical College or other regionally accredited institutions.
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher with a "C" or better in all math and science courses.
- Submit an application to The Citadel Graduate College. There is no application fee.
- Submit all official transcripts directly from the college/university to The Citadel Graduate College (CGC) office.
- Complete an essay on why you want to be a nurse. Include any volunteer or paid work experience in health care (if any).
With the ability to accept only 16 students, admission to the program is competitive and based on student performance.
All application requirements must be submitted to The Citadel Graduate College by March 1, 2018 for Summer 2018 consideration of admission to the program.