Points of Pride
To provide nationally recognized student-centered programs of study in undergraduate civil and environmental engineering and electrical and computer engineering and graduate level Program Management with electives in Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Leadership, Systems Engineering Management, Information Assurance, and in the future: Cyber and Critical Infrastructure Management that prepares our graduates to assume principal leadership roles in the professions and their communities.
- ABET accredited programs in civil and electrical engineering
- National ranked by U.S. News & World Report
- Curriculum that provides a well-rounded undergraduate engineering education
- Cadet programs that combine leadership with academic excellence developing graduates with strong military and civilian potential
- Civilian evening program that provides an opportunity for nontraditional students to achieve an undergraduate engineering education
- Master of Science in Program Management with electives in Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Leadership, Systems Engineering Management, Information Assurance, and in the near future: Cyber and Critical Infrastructure Management
- Student-centered learning environment with a 18 to 1 student faculty ratio
- Well-equipped, hands on laboratories and modern small classrooms
- Strong and supportive engineering alumni network
- Recognized regionally and nationally for teaching excellence
- Over 95% have doctoral degrees
- Significant number are Registered Professional Engineers with extensive industrial experience
Students and Alumni:
- Full placement of graduates seeking employment
- Successful placement of those seeking enrollment in prominent graduate school such as MIT, Clemson, Virginia Tech, Stanford and Georgia Tech
- Award winning student groups (IEEE, ASCE, SWE and Tau Beta Pi).
- Leaders in the profession and their communities.