Excellence in Civil Engineering Leadership for South Carolina (ExCEL-SC) is a scholarship opportunity funded by the National Science Foundation (NSF) for students entering civil engineering at The Citadel. The program will provide an enhanced civil engineering educational experience for minorities, women, and socioeconomically disadvantaged South Carolina students. Highlights of the program include:
- Participation in student learning communities
- Professional mentoring from practicing engineers
- Civil engineering community service projects
- Enrollment in The Citadel’s College Success Institute
- Academic benefits from interaction with a learning coach
- Professional leadership seminars
ExCEL-SC provides qualified applicants with annual funding up to $10,000, which when combined with other scholarship resources, can cover a majority of the cost of tuition.
How Do I Apply?
Simply follow the normal application process (The Citadel Admission)
Declare civil engineering as your intended major
All eligible students will be identified through this process and contacted by the ExCEL-SC Scholarship Program.
For more information or any questions contact:
Dr. Kevin C. Bower