Grimsley Hall replaced Alumni Hall in 1991. The building is named in honor of Major General James A. Grimsley, Jr., the 16th president of The Citadel and 1942 graduate of The Citadel. The building is situated facing the north side of Summerall Field. Grimsley Hall houses both the Physics and Electrical Engineering Departments, Copeland Auditorium, computer room, and extensive laboratories. Grimsley Hall provides a modern and complete educational environment among the best available in the Southeast.