Director’s Institute to host leadership from top organizations
The Citadel Director’s Institute draws leaders from across the nation to discuss challenges and opportunities in today’s business environment. The third annual meeting will include panel discussions on corporate governance, executive and board compensation as well as the legal and ethical practices surrounding decisions in leadership and its ramifications.
Hosted by the School of Business Administration, the program will also include a seminar focusing on crisis and successor planning as well as risk management strategy.
“In keeping with The Citadel’s commitment to provide top quality, professional leadership development, this program permits the free flow of information among several of the world’s most talented corporate directors in various fields,” said Associate Dean for Programs and Outreach Wesley M. Jones, Jr. PhD, who serves as conference director.
The Institute will be held on March 23rd at Charleston Place Hotel.
Panelists for the 2012 event will include the following respected governance experts:
• John F. Olson – Partner, Gibson Dunn & Crutcher LLP
• Robert E. Spatt – Corporate Partner, Simpson, Thacher & Bartlett LLP
• Margaret “Peggy” Foran – Chief Governance Officer & Corporate Secretary, Prudential Financial, Inc.
• Holly J. Gregory – Corporate Partner, Weil, Gotchel & Manges LLP
• Randy Nornes – Executive Vice President, AON Corporation
• Simon M. Lorne – Vice Chairman & Chief Legal Officer, Millennium Partners LLP
• A Chancellor from the Delaware Chancery Court
“We have a panel that rivals any similar program in the nation,” said Ronald F. Green, Dean of the School of Business Administration. “Not only will participants have the opportunity to be exposed to some of the greatest business minds in the country, but to network with other corporate directors, also. CDI is a must attend for anyone who is sitting on a corporate board.”