Campus will be pedestrian only on Monday, July 23
The Citadel campus will become a pedestrian only campus effective Monday, July 23. Only essential vehicles related to the debate, debate media and faculty, staff and students will be permitted to drive onto and park on campus.
Unauthorized vehicles are subject to ticketing. No parking will be permitted on any street on campus on Monday. Cars will be towed.
Employees and students can gain access to park on campus if they have one of the following - a Citadel identification, a current Citadel hanging parking tag or a debate parking pass. Essential Citadel staff and faculty working on Monday can pick up a parking pass from the College of Graduate and Professional Studies Office in the lobby of Bond Hall. Parking passes are available from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday, July 20. On Monday only essential employees as determined by a supervisor need to report for work. Details are here.
Employees and all students can park off campus and walk onto campus if they want
Beginning Wednesday, July 18 many parking lots and roads on campus will be closed in support of the debate. Any one who cannot access their normal parking lots are asked to park in the Capers Hall lot, Kovats Field lot or Stevens Barracks lot. Reserved parking rules will be suspended during this period.
Stay tuned to the web site for any changes. What follows is parking lot and road closings by day.
Wednesday July 18 thru Wednesday July 25
- Jenkins Ave between McAlister Field House and Murray Barracks from Jones Avenue to Hammond Avenue
Friday July 20 thru Tuesday July 24
- Student parking around Murray, Padgett-Thomas and Law Barracks to relocate to Stevens Barracks parking or Kovats Field parking.
Saturday July 21 thru Tuesday July 24
- M lot beside Mark Clark Hall
- Parking area behind Jenkins Hall to LeTellier Hall
- Parking behind LeTellier Hall
- Parking around Deas Hall
Sunday July 22 thru Tuesday July 24
- Avenue of Remembrance
- Jenkins Avenue from Jenkins Hall to LeTellier Hall.
Monday July 23
- Grier Avenue between Deas Hall and McAlister Field House all the way to Seignious Hall
- No on street parking along Hammond Avenue (Coward Hall), Richardson Avenue (behind Bond Hall), Lee Avenue (in front of Bond Hall), and in front of the laundry.
- No on street parking on Hagood Avenue between Huger and Congress street (city will enforce).
Day and evening students not living on campus
From July 21 thru July 24 please park in Capers Hall lot, Kovats Field or Stevens Barracks lot. You will need to walk from the lot to class.
Students with classes on Monday July 23 will be issued parking passes the previous week, these will need to be displayed in the windshield of your car to access campus. No parking will be allowed along Hagood Ave or along other campus streets (you must park in a lot).
Students living on campus
Student parking around Murray, PT and Law Barracks to relocate to Stevens Barracks parking or Kovats Field parking. Starting Friday July 20 through Tuesday July 24 please display the parking pass in the windshield of your car, you will need this pass to enter campus on Monday July 23. Passes will be distributed by the Commandants Office and CSI instructors. Please abide by the above road closures.
Campus residents will be issued two parking passes per residence for use Friday, July 20 through Tuesday, July 24. Please display the parking pass in the windshield of your car.You will need this pass to enter campus on Monday, July 23. Passes will be distributed by physical plant to each residence.
No on street parking on Hagood Avenue between Huger Street and Congress Street. On Elmwood between Moultrie and Huger streets.
- Hampton Park - Mary Murray Drive will be closed noon to midnight.
- Fishburne Street west bound from Hagood Avenue to Joe Riley park from 3 p.m. to midnight.