Welcoming Diversity Workshops
July 17 - 9am - 5pm in the HR Training Room.
This workshop is a full-day experience during which participants will get to know themselves and others in the first step towards developing leadership skills in diversity. Participants will have opportunities to
- identify information and misinformation that people carry about various social identity groups;
- identify and express pride in groups to which we belong;
- learn how other groups experience mistreatment;
- learn the impact of specific incidents of discrimination; and
- learn to interrupt prejudicial jokes, remarks and slurs.