Mexico Maymester 2015 Study Abroad Program
Information session will be held Thurs. 10/30 from 6:00-6:45 in the Capers 410.
Open to all majors. Spanish not required.
Non-Citadel students may apply.
Academic cedit: 3 hrs. CRMJ credit (CRMJ majors, counts for 3 hrs. Cluster A; other majors, counts for 3 hrs. general elective)
Dates: May 11-29
Approximate cost $3,100 plus airfare (est. $750). Price includes tuition.
Price may go down depending on enrollment
Mexico is country of 115 million people and is the US’s 3rd largest trade partner (behind Canada and China). Managing security, economic and political relations between the US and Mexico will be a permanent feature of the 21st century and will require personnel with an understanding of the country.
The program in country includes interviews with experts and leaders from eminent institutions:
- ITAM, Autonomous Technological Institute of Mexico, university, Pres. Felipe Calderon (2006-12) is alumnus
- CIDE, Center for Research and Teaching on Economics, think tank
- The Mexican Supreme Court
- Mexican Congress
- The National Police Museum
- UNAM, National Autonomous University of Mexico
- Colegio de Mexico
- National History Museum
- Lecumberri Prison Museum
- US embassy
- Mexican Census Bureau
- National Institute of Migration
- Service learning in colonial Guanajuato, 4 hrs. north of Mexico City
- And more!