Student Computer Repair Policy
- Computer repair services are provided on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Circumstances may arise under which your computer is unable to be serviced.
- Information Technology Services reserves the right to decline repair services to your computer for, but not limited to: egregious misuse of repair services; hazardous, poisonous, or illegal substances on or in the components of the computer or the proposed assumption of such substances; if the computer does not adhere to reasonable sanitation expectations; if the computer cannot be verified as the property of the student or if the student is assumed to be in possession of stolen property.
- Systems that contain offensive desktop backgrounds or screensavers that are inappropriate will be brought to the attention of the commandant’s office.
- You understand that ITS must follow federal and/or state guidelines and regulations and report to the proper authorities any illegal software or data found on your computer.
- Laptops without power adapters will not be checked in for service; ITS will not hold your laptop while you retrieve your power adapter.
- When your computer has been repaired, you will receive a notification. If you do not wish to wait you may retrieve your computer at any time.
Computers left for repair must be picked up within 30 days of notification of service completion. If computers are left in the possession of ITS for a period greater than 30 days, The Citadel may assume possession of these resources.
- Appropriate proof-of-purchase, software licensing documentation, and original program files may be required to service your computer.
- You understand that you should complete your academic coursework from a computer lab while your computer is being serviced; loaner computers may be checked out for up to an entire school years term (see the Student Loaner Computer Policy below).
- You understand that in the process of working on your computer equipment, there is a potential for data loss. You have made the necessary backups of your data so that, in the event of such loss, you can restore the data.
- ITS does not reinstall games or other miscellaneous software; ITS will not work on or repair any game systems.
- You authorize us to install anti-virus and any other necessary software on your computer.
- You release The Citadel and its staff from all liability for any and all damages to your personal property that may occur while working on your computer equipment.
Student Loaner Computer Policy:
ITS has a limited number of computers reserved for loaning to students in the barracks. Computers are issued on a first-come, first-served basis. However, ITS will, to its best ability, help any student who may be in need of a computer. Students who own Dell computers that are broken will be favored over other manufacturers in consideration for loaner computers. Loaners will be distributed at the discretion of the Student Support Manager. Once approved, students will submit a Hotline, sign it, and turn it in to the Student Support Manager. Damage to loaner computers will result in a charge on the students account for the repair or replacement of the computer equipment.