Public Resource Policy
Before using any public computer a user should understand and agree with The Citadel's guidelines for using public workstations:
"By choosing to use this workstation you agree to comply with The Citadel's Computer and Networking Policy."
Restarting, before and after, is the safest way to use public use computers. It restores The Citadel’s configuration, removes dangerous files, and prohibits the next person using the computer from accessing your personal and private information. Always use good judgment before submitting personal or financial information via internet or email.
Failure to reboot, both before and after using this machine, could result in the disclosure of your personal information to the next user of this computer, to other users connected through the internet, or to both. The Citadel makes no representations as to the security of personal information on this computer.
If you experience any problems, please contact the Help Center (953-HELP) or put in a Hotline.
Computer Lab Policies:
- save files to CD/DVD, email, or pen drive
- save, save, save ... SAVE OFTEN to avoid losing your work!
- any file saved to My Documents will be deleted when the PC is restarted
- no eating, drinking, or tobacco products in the labs
- do not print more than 3 copies of any page on the lab printers
- no transparencies allowed in lab printers
- using the lab computers to display pornography will not be tolerated
- be considerate of others using the labs ... switch cell phones to silent mode
- use of cell phones and loud talking is prohibited in the labs
Teacher Cadets Lab Use Policy:
- All teacher cadets must use the Bond Hall Room 252 computer lab and must sign in at the Help Center.
- All teacher cadets are expected to leave the lab at 6 PM. NO LATER, NO EXCEPTIONS.