Citadel Commencement Frequently Asked Questions
SCCC = South Carolina Corps of Cadets CGC = Citadel Graduate College
1. Where can I find a map of The Citadel?
- Through the college's online map and virtual tour. Buildings, handicapped accessible parking and other details are noted on the map.
2. Is there designated seating and parking for visitors with disabilities?
- SCCC questions, please contact The Citadel’s Office of Services for Students with Disabilities at 843-953-6877 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- On-campus handicapped parking will be available for all events but early arrival is highly recommended.
- Please visit the Accessibility Options page for more information.
3. Where can I find a list of hotels and restaurants in the area?
- You may access a list of hotels and restaurants in the Charleston area.
4. Do I need tickets?
- SCCC - Yes. General admission tickets are required for the Corps of Cadets commencement on Saturday morning. Each graduating cadet will receive eight tickets. Additional information regarding tickets will be forthcoming. Please return to this site for additional information on when the tickets will be available.
- CGC - Yes. General admission tickets are required for the CGC commencement on Saturday. Additional information regarding tickets will be forthcoming. Please return to this site for additional information on when the tickets will be available.
5. What time do graduates need to be at McAlister Field House for their ceremony?
- SCCC - Graduating cadets will gather in Deas Hall no later than 7 a.m. Saturday, May 9 for lineup. Alumni parents and grandparents presenting diplomas to their sons or daughters will be lined up in the rear hallway of McAlister Field House. Families and other guests must arrive and be seated PRIOR TO THE PROCESSIONAL. Those not seated by 8:50 a.m. must wait until the conclusion of the processional before being seated.
- CGC - CGC students will gather in Deas Hall no later than 2:30 p.m. Saturday, May 9 for robing and lineup.
6. How long does the ceremony usually last?
- SCCC - Approximately three hours.
- CGC - Approximately ninety minutes.
7. Who is speaking at the graduation ceremony?
- SCCC - General Joseph F. Dunford, Jr., USMC, Retired; former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff
- CGC - Mr. Anderson Davis Warlick, Chairman & CEO, Parkdale Mills
8. What can we bring into McAlister Field House during the ceremonies?
- For both commencement exercises: No boxes, alcohol, cameras, video cameras, weapons, firecrackers, noise makers, umbrellas, backpacks, large handbags, coolers, thermoses or similar items will be allowed in the field house. Food is prohibited. Please see the Campus Event Security Screening Policy for more information.
9. Who should I contact to order graduation announcements?
Invitations should be ordered directly through Balfour Graduation Announcements online. Please note that an announcement or invitation cannot be used for admission into the SCCC ceremony. No tickets are needed for The Citadel Graduate College's ceremony.