Assistant Commandant for Leadership Programs
Colonel, USAF (Ret)
Asst. Commandant for Leadership Programs
Phone: (843) 953-6336
Fax: (843) 953-6704
Christopher W. Bowman
United States Air Force (Retired)
Colonel (USAF, Ret) Christopher W. Bowman joined the Commandant’s staff in September 2012. He serves the Commandant and the South Carolina Corps of Cadets as Assistant Commandant for Leadership Programs.
Col Bowman received his commission upon graduating from the United States Air Force Academy in May 1984 and served more than 28 years in the United States Air Force. He held various command, staff, and operational assignments, including multiple tours as a fighter weapons instructor in the F-111 and F-15E weapon systems. He was privileged to complete his military career as the Chief of Staff, Thirteenth Air Force (“The Jungle Air Force”). Col Bowman holds a bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering and master’s degrees in Leadership Studies and National Security.
In 2012, Col Bowman celebrated his 25th wedding anniversary to his wife “Miss Anne.”
1984 Bachelor of Science, Electrical Engineering, United States Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, CO
1990 Master of Arts, Leadership Studies, State University of New York, Plattsburgh NY
2002 Master of Arts, National Security and Strategic Studies, College of Naval Warfare, Newport, RI
MAJOR MILITARY ASSIGNMENTS
- F-111 Squadron Weapons Officer/Scheduler, RAF Upper Heyford UK
- FB-111 Flight Examiner/Assistant Chief Wing Tactics, Plattsburgh AFB NY
- F-111 Fighter Weapons School Instructor, Cannon AFB NM
- F-15E Flight Commander/Instructor, USAF Weapons School, Nellis AFB NV
- Branch Chief, CHECKMATE Division, Headquarters USAF, Washington D.C.
- Commander, F-15E Division, USAF Weapons School, Nellis AFB NV
- Deputy Commander, 366th Operations Group, Mountain Home AFB ID
- Chief, Weapons Systems Division, Office of Legislative Liaison, Pentagon, Washington D.C.
- Vice Commander, 42d Air Base Wing, Maxwell AFB AL
- Director, Commander’s Action Group, U.S. Pacific Command, Camp H.M. Smith HI
- Commander, Detachment 825 AFROTC, The University of Texas at Austin
- Chief of Staff, Thirteenth Air Force, Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, HI