Class of 2010 reports to campus
- Nearly half of the incoming students are from South Carolina.
- The average SAT score of incoming students is 1100, up from 1093 last year.
- The average high school GPA of incoming students is 3.31, up from 3.24 last year.
- The South Carolina Corps of Cadets is typically 2,000 students strong each year. Upperclassmen report to campus Aug. 20. Classes begin Aug. 23.
- Last year women made up about 6 percent – or 128 - of the Corps of Cadets. Thirty-three of them graduated with the Class of 2006.
- To date 129 women have graduated from The Citadel.
- Shannon Faulkner entered The Citadel 11 years ago in 1995. She was the first woman to enroll but did not graduate.
- Ten years ago two things happened:
- March 1996: The Citadel Board of Visitors officially voted to make The Citadel a co-educational institution.
- August 1996: The first class of women reports. Four women joined the South Carolina Corps of Cadets. Two did not complete their freshmen year. Nancy Mace Jackson graduated in 1999. She works at an Atlanta marketing firm and is president of the Atlanta Citadel Club, the largest of our Citadel alumni clubs. Petra Lovetinska Seipel graduated in 2000. She is a captain in the U.S. Marine Corps.
Freshmen will take part in academic orientation and military training through Aug. 20 when upperclassmen are schedule to report to campus. Classes begin Aug. 23.