CitLearn Information for Incoming Students
- Windows 7 or higher
- MAC OS 10.6 or higher
- Internet Connection
- Java 7 (Install Java 7)
- Adobe Flash Player version 11
- Some courses may require a CD-Rom drive, sound card, microphone, and Web cams.
You can check your browser to see if it's compatible with CitLearn by clicking here.
Please only use one of the supported browsers that has been tested and approved by Blackboard.
CitLearn uses small browser windows to deliver requested content. Some pop-up blockers incorrectly interpret these small windows as pop-ups and block them. If you have installed a pop-up blocker, turn it off while using CitLearn.
Java Security Certificate
After logging in to CitLearn, you may be prompted to accept a Java Security Certificate. You must click Yes or Always to ensure that the CitLearn tools work properly in your browser.
Option 1 - Recommended first time
- In your web browser, type portal.citadel.edu in the address bar or click here
- When prompted, enter your Lesesne Gateway credentials (username and password)
- Click Log in
- Navigate to the Student Tab
- Look for the CitLearn system login page
- Type in the same credentials (username and password) you use for Lesesne Gateway. The username will be in the following format:
- Click Sign in
- In your browser, type citlearn.blackboard.com in the address bar
- Enter the same credentials (username and password) you use for Lesesne Gateway. The username will be in the following format:
- Click Sign in
- Contact the Citadel ITS Help Center (953-HELP).
- To reset your CitLearn password, you will need to reset your Lesesne Gateway password since a single sign-on is used.
The general information provided below is for taking assessments on CitLearn. (Detailed instructions will be given, once a student enters a particular Placement Exam.)
- When taking an assessment, save each answer.
- DO NOT WAIT until you have answered all of the questions to save your answers.
- If something happens before you click the Save Button, all of your answers will be lost (which will give you a score of zero), and you will have to start over. However, students taking the MPE will not be allowed to start over...the assessment can only be taken once.
The video tutorial below provides basic information on submitting assignments in CitLearn. (Detailed instructionswill be given for any assignments inside each assessment for the incoming Freshmen.)