CitLearn Information for Incoming Students
- Minimum System Requirements
- Web Browser Information
- CitLearn Login Information
- Changing your CitLearn Password
- Forgotten CitLearn Username
- Forgotten CitLearn Password
- Taking Assessments - General Information & Video Tutorial
- Submitting Assignments - General Information & Video Tutorial
- Windows 7 or higher
- MAC OS 10.6 or higher
- Internet Connection
- Java 7 (Install Java 7)
- Adobe Flash Player version 11
- Some courses may require a CD-Rom drive, sound card, microphone, and Web cams.
Please only use one of the supported browsers that has been tested and approved by Blackboard.
CitLearn uses small browser windows to deliver requested content. Some pop-up blockers incorrectly interpret these small windows as pop-ups and block them. If you have installed a pop-up blocker, turn it off while using CitLearn.
Java Security Certificate
After logging in to CitLearn, you may be prompted to accept a Java Security Certificate. You must click Yes or Always to ensure that the CitLearn tools work properly in your browser.
- Go to http://citlearn.blackboard.com. Make sure you are using one of the browsers supported by CitLearn. Click "Browser Check" to be sure.
- Select the Forgot your Password? link on the CitLearn login page to create a new password.
- Enter your First Name, Last Name, and Username
- Your CitLearn Username is your 8-digit Campus Wide ID number (CWID #). Your CWID Number will be in your acceptance packet from the Admissions Office.
- If you do not see your CWID Number in your packet, please contact the Admissions Office at 843-953-5230.
- The sytem will send you a link to create a new password. (If you don't see the email, please check your Spam account. If you still can't find the email, contact the Citadel IT help desk.)
- Go to gmail.com
- Enter your email@example.com (it should be in the package sent with the acceptance letter from the Citadel Admissions Office)
- Your password is the word "Pass" plus your birthday as mm/dd/yy. (Example: If your birthday is July 22, 1987, Pass072287 would be your password)
- Click on the link in the email to set a new password for your account
Once you login for the first time, you can change your CitLearn password to something more secure. (Tip: A really secure password will contain a mixture of numbers, both uppercase and lowercase letters, and it will be at least 8 characters long.)
- Login to CitLearn with the above information.
- On the “My CitLearn” tab, click on the “Personal Information” link in the “Tools” module.
- On the next screen, click on the “Change Password” link.
- The next screen requires the new password to be entered twice.
- Click on the “Submit” button.
- Your CitLearn Username is your 8-digit Campus Wide ID number, or CWID.
- Your CWID number will be in your acceptance packet from the Admissions Office.
- If you do not have the CWID number in your packet, please contact the Admissions Office at 843-953-5230.
REMEMBER: Keep your username and password in a safe place.
- Contact the Citadel ITS Help Center (953-HELP).
- For assistance, vist the Forgot Password webpage.
The general information provided below is for taking assessments on CitLearn. (Detailed instructions will be given, once a student enters a particular Placement Exam.)
- When taking an assessment, save each answer.
- DO NOT WAIT until you have answered all of the questions to save your answers.
- If something happens before you click the Save Button, all of your answers will be lost (which will give you a score of zero), and you will have to start over. However, students taking the MPE will not be allowed to start over...the assessment can only be taken once.
The video tutorial below provides basic information on submitting assignments in CitLearn. (Detailed instructionswill be given for any assignments inside each assessment for the incoming Freshmen.)