Chaplain Joe R Molina, CDR, UMSC
Chaplain Molina was selected and Direct Commissioned for active duty in April 1999 and completed Naval Chaplain Basic School in August of that year.
Prior to his military service, Chaplain Molina served as a pastor to churches in the South Florida area (Coral Gables and Hialeah. 1987-1999). Upon completing his military service (2011), he served as the Jacksonville, FL Center Director for the Baptist College of Florida where he administered, lectured, advised and served as the center’s chaplain.
He was raised in New York City, is married to Vicky and they have two grown sons, Thomas (25), Daniel (22) (and Samson the Wonder Dog).
His military assignments (1999-2011) have included:
- First Marine Division (Fleet Marine Forces 1/11 & 2/5, USMC).
- Acting Command Chaplain, Headquarters Battalion, Headquarters Marine Corps, (Henderson Hall) Washington, D.C.
- Chapel Center, NAVAL AIR STATION, Jacksonville, Florida.
- Naval Construction Battalion, Gulfport, Miss.
- Surface Force Ministry Center, Mayport, FL in support of Partnership of the Americas 2008.
- Command Chaplain, Destroyer Squadron 40, 4th Fleet –Mayport, FL.
- 4th Assault Amphibian Battalion, USMCR – Jacksonville, FL.
Military Awards include:
- Military Outstanding Volunteer Service Medal
- Navy, Marine-Corps Commendation Medal (3 awards)
- Navy, Marine-Corps Achievement Medal (2 awards)
Ordained in 1991, Southern Baptist Convention.
Education: He holds
- B.A. from Long Island University, (Cum Laude, pre-law/education)
- Master of Divinity from New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary
- Education Specialist Ed.S (Administration & Counseling) from Liberty University in Lynchburg, Virginia.
- Doctor of Ministry (homiletics) from Luther Rice Theological Seminary.